Lynne Smith Fund

Monday, July 10, 2006

My Journey To Colonoscopy...

(Mt. Boney, Newbury Park, CA - The highest mountain that I ever climbed before "Mt. Colon Cancer Awareness")

Ok... I need to put my money where my mouth is. I went for my annual physical today. Honestly, I haven't had a physical in 4 years. With small kids, we moms barely ever think of ourselves. I could be at the Pediatricians office 4 times a week with my children, yet, I ignore any aches and pains that I may have. There just isn't enough time.

Today, I made time. I filled out paperwork and finally told a doctor about symptoms that I am having that I never want to talk about. You know why?? Its about my bottom. This is never a fun subject for anyone. I talked about it today. I had an exam on my bum today. You know what? It was very quick. It didn't hurt at all.

She did a "hemmocult" (blood in stool) test. She got the results instantly and it looked fine. Because of symptoms that I am having she asked me to go to see a Gastrointestinal doctor and get a colonoscopy. Which I wanted to do anyway. She gave me paperwork to get blood work done. That will show if I am anemic at all. All in all, it took about 6 minutes.

Whether or not you want to know - I have decided to journal my colonoscopy process... the good, bad and ugly along with the prep and the results. If I can do this- YOU certainly can!

Stay Tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home