Lynne Smith Fund

Thursday, June 29, 2006

"Shine On Girl..."

Tonight on my way to bed I began thinking about Lynne. As I looked out my window I was drawn to this bright, individual star. The more I thought about her I began to cry. As I stared at this star I noticed the star slowly disappear and then come back, like a blink of an eye. Deep down inside I felt Lynne's strong presence. As if she heard my thoughts and was talking to me through this star.

As I cried some more the star got brighter. I was transfixed on this star...so bright and beautiful; all on it's own in a sky full of stars. Yet, again it began to fade. Sometimes the star would be gone for a long time and sometimes not so long.

I think life works in a similar way. Sometimes we are with things for a long time and sometimes a short time. And we learn to love every minute we have; whether it's meant to last forever or just be cherished for that small moment.

I wish that Lynne's life on earth wasn't so short. It isn't fair that a disease of such magnitude and speed be given to such a loving, fun, and thoughtful woman. Yet, I think of her tonight as a bright, beautiful star watching over us saying it's alright, I'm fine. So, shine on girl and let us know where you are.... you will always have a special place in our hearts.
-Sara F.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can not tell you the number of times I have had a similar experience. Lynne touched my life in so many ways, and not a day goes by that something happens that makes me smile and think of her. I miss her so much and I still can't believe the phone is not going to ring and I will hear her voice.

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home