Lynne Smith Fund

Thursday, June 15, 2006

..A Colonoscopy is Not Bad. It is a Very Simple Procedure.

I received this recently from a very close friend of Lynne's:

"I asked my internist to have a colonoscopy; I had been to him twice in the
past year for symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Knowing what Lynne had
been through, I wanted to make sure everything was okay. Luckily
everything was fine. How I wish it would have been fine for her
too!

I know a lot of people are afraid of getting a
colonoscopy, but it really is not bad. It is a very simple
procedure. The prep (drinking the stuff that cleans your system out
the night before) is the worst part. In my case, I was totally
asleep for the 15 minute procedure and don't remember a thing. Afterward,
I woke up from the anesthesia, ate a little something and left the
hospital within an hour. Other than being a little tired from the
anesthesia, I felt fine for the rest of the day."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home