Lynne Smith Fund

Saturday, June 10, 2006

"...Too Young To Be A Candidate for a Colonoscopy"


"Please accept my condolences on the death of Lynne. I recieved this blogsite from a family member of Lynne's and I felt it necessary to share my own personal experience. My brother is a colon-rectal surgeon, so we have the list of warning signs. He also had my husband and me getting the "stick" test through our 30s and 40s (which he sent to us with our birthday cards and then had us send back to him for testing) and then told me if I hadn't had a colonoscopy by the time I visited him the Christmas after I turned 50, he'd perform it himself! So, we're aware. But all that knowledge (which we passed along to everyone we knew) didn't change the behavior of my sister-in-law (my husband's side), who died six years ago because she was "too young" to be a candidate for a colonoscopy according to her weird doctor or to my brother's brother-in-law, who succumbed at age 32 - he died 3 months after diagnosis. Like your Lynne, no one else in the family had the disease or any other kind of cancer for that matter - - he was in a high-stress job and thought he had only occasional indigestion. A routine physical for a promotion discovered the mass. It's very sad. Please feel free to post this if it will help anyone reading to take action on their health.

Concerned Family Aquaintance"


If you know of anyone who has been touched by colon cancer, please share their story with us by e-mailing it to staceybon@msn.com. We promise to keep all identities anonymous if you so wish but urge you to help us bring life saving news to our friends and families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home